Living In The Moment

I saw this quote on twitter the other day and absolutely loved it. It sums up my life at the moment pretty perfectly. 
Since finishing university for the Summer, I've done nothing but stress about money and work. Last Summer I had two jobs and was doing about 35 to 40 hours per week. However, right now I'm only doing half of that, and I've been worrying about money constantly. I've been applying for a second job, thinking of things that I can sell to earn more money, and I've been worrying about my savings account as I've been taking more out of it than I've been putting back in. This month in particular has been harder than usual, what with my Mum and Jordan's birthday, Father's Day and even Jordan and I's anniversary. I love buying people gifts, especially for those that I love.

But when I look at the bigger picture, I really shouldn't be worrying so much. The reason I'm short for cash is because I have trips booked and plans for later in the Summer. Travelling is my passion, and I love having trips booked as it gives me something to look forward too. So as long as I'm working and saving as much as I can, then there's not much more I can be doing. I need to save as much as possible in order to pay for my flat in September, but other than that, I need to stop worrying so much and start living in the moment. It's so easy to focus on the material things in life, when we should really be focusing on making new memories and having exciting experiences. Once I finish university in three years time, I'll no longer have a 3 month long Summer. I'll probably be working full time and will only get a handful of weeks off throughout the year. So I should start enjoying my Summer whilst I'm young, and whilst I still can. As long as I have enough money to get by and enjoy my life, I'll be okay.

No comments