My Goals For 2017

One of my favourite things about the start of a new year is the push that we all get to make a few changes and try to better ourselves. It always gives me that extra push of motivation that I need to set myself new goals and challenges for the year ahead. All of my goals for this year are extremely achievable if I just put in that little bit of extra effort that I've previously been lacking.

2016 was quite a crazy year. I had a lot of new experiences, realised I have some amazing friends, and I also feel like my self-confidence finally soared. But I also faced quite a few tougher times that I struggled to overcome. Overall, 2016 was a bit overwhelming, so I'm hoping that by setting myself some goals to work towards, it will help me make the most of my 2017.

Image source: Pinterest

One of my favourite things to do in life is travel to new places and go exploring. Last year, I didn't do half as much travelling as I would've liked too, so this year, that is my goal. Of course, being a student means I don't have the money to go jet-setting across the world in my spare time. But there's so many amazing places in Scotland that I've never visited before that I would really love to go and see. This year I want to explore as many new places as I can.

This kind of leads me into my second goal, which is to try and take more photographs. I'm so guilty of doing something fun or going somewhere new, and then forgetting to take any photos. Which I always majorly regret afterwards. I recently bought myself the Olympus Pen E-PL8 and I love it, so I defintely need to get into the habit of always carrying it around with me. I want to be able to look back at all of my photos and remember all of the good times that I had.

For as long as I can remember, I've always been extremely critical of my appearance. It's just something I've never been completely happy with. Towards the end of 2016 I decided to join the gym, and I've actually been enjoying going. So my goal for 2017 is simply to exercise more, as whenever I do it always makes a huge difference to my confidence and mental health. Whenever I exercise, I know that I'm doing something positive for myself, which ultimately makes me feel happier in myself. My aim is try and go at least three times a week.

Between work and university, during the semester I don't actually have a lot of time off to myself. But on the days that I do have off, I'm very guilty of just spending the day in my pyjamas and not actually doing an awful lot with my time. So this year, I really want to make the most of every day and do more with my spare time. I need to be more outgoing and start saying 'yes' to making plans and trying new things, as I want this year to be memorable for all of the right reasons.

My final goal is just to try really hard at university this year. Last semester, I definitely didn't try as hard as I could have done. Even though I still managed to pass all of my coursework, I definitely could've done so much better if I'd put more effort into my work. I'm also extremely guilty of skipping lectures, so this year I'm determined to stop doing this.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what 2017 has in store for me. I have lots of exciting things to look forward too, such as being a bridesmaid at my Uncle's wedding and possibly moving in with one of my best friends. So here's hoping 2017 will be a very good year!

Do you have any goals or resolutions for the year ahead?

------------------------

Hey, before you go, are we friends on Bloglovin?

4 comments

  1. hey jade,
    I think these are some really cool goals. Most of them are what I'm working towards as well. I would really love to change the way I spend my spare time too because I never really do the things that are important to me but instead lay in bed and watch YouTube videos. I am an introvert through and through and I get anxious so it kind of stop me from doing most things but I am also making it a goal this year to explore my creative side. I want to read more, take more photographs and try to get out the house more and just be healthy.
    Ps. Regarding your Appearance, you're beautiful and there's no need to feel insecure.
    It's nice to meet you,
    Ayele
    Little hummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was such a lovely comment, thank you so much! I hope you manage to work on some of your goals too and achieve the things you want to this year. I'll definitely head over to your blog and check it out too!
      Jade x

      Delete
  2. great goals! I plan on trying to explore the UK a bit more :)

    letsgotravel.blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish to do it all! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete