Review // Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturisers

I'm ashamed to admit that since starting university, I've become a little bit lazy when it comes to moisturising and skin care. However, it's only a few weeks now until I go on holiday, and I don't want to have scaly looking legs whilst I'm sunbathing. So I decided that I needed to do something about it. Whilst wandering around Boots trying to find some sort of miracle worker, I noticed that a large number of the Palmer's range were on offer. When I was younger, my mum would always use one of their moisturisers, so I was fairly familiar with the brand. I decided upon their Coconut Oil Body Lotion and their Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser. I was really impressed with the effects that both products had and I honestly can't recommend them enough.




Natural Bronze Gradual Tanner Spray Lotion

I've always been a fan of gradual tanning moisturisers. They're perfect for giving me a healthy 'sun kissed' glow whenever I'm feeling a bit ghostlike. Last year, my go-to gradual tanner was the Dove Summer Glow Moisturiser which comes in two different shades, however I felt like it could often be fairly streaky. So when I saw that this one was on offer in Boots, I thought I might as well give it a try. The product comes in a continuous spray bottle which makes it easy to apply for even coverage, and the product quickly absorbs into the skin. It is full of natural ingredients, such as pure Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E and Coconut Oil, which are fantastic for the skin. Not only does it give a really subtle glow to the skin, but it also leaves my skin feeling silky and soft. However, I think my favourite thing about this product is the smell. It has a gorgeous chocolatey scent that I just can't get enough of every time I apply it. I even put it on Jordan so that he could appreciate how good the scent was!


Coconut Oil Body Lotion

The main reason that I bought this product was to help get some moisture back in my skin, as it was starting to feel really dry. Which is obviously not a good look when you went to get your legs out. The Coconut Oil Body Lotion is supposed to provide 24 hour moisture, which I definitely felt like it did. I apply the lotion after a shower and give it a few minutes to soak in before getting dressed again, but it definitely isn't sticky and it applies really well. The lotion is made from completely ethically sourced ingredients, such as Coconut Oil and Tahitian Monoi Oil, and is infused with Tiaré flower petals. It also has a really natural coconut scent that isn't over powering. I'll definitely be taking this body lotion on holiday with me to rehydrate my skin after long days in the sun. I would definitely recommend this product if, like me, you suffer from particularly dry skin.

What are some of your favourite moisturisers? Do you have any recommendations?

No comments