Home Sweet Home

The past two weeks have been extremely hectic for me. What with finishing the semester at university, studying for exams and then working crazy hours at work, I haven't had an awful lot of time for myself. I'd been counting down the days until Christmas Eve, but not for the same reason as most people! It was simply because I couldn't wait to finish work and spend a few well needed days at home with my family. The last time I was home for longer than one night was back in September, so I've defintely missed all of my old home comforts.

One of my favourite things about Christmas and this time of year is having all of my family together. It's not very often that I get to see my extended family as they all live in England, so Christmas means we all get to see each other and spend some quality time together. My Grandad had also come to stay with us for a few days, so it was lovely to spend some time with him as I really don't get to see him as often as I'd like too.

One of the things I miss the most about living at home has to be my mum's cooking. I definitely think I took it for granted before, my own cooking just doesn't even compare to hers! Being home for Christmas meant one thing - the Christmas dinner! And my mum certainly went to town, making wayyy to much food and having enough left over to feed another small family. I've eaten more food over the last few days than I even want to comprehend, but I suppose it's only Christmas once a year. The thought of going back to Stirling and having to cook for myself again is actually making me quite sad!

My Mum is definitely my best friend, so I was looking forward to spending some quality time together. The last few weeks have left me feeling pretty stressed out, so phone calls from my Mum have been one of the only things that have kept me feeling relatively sane. My head has been a little bit all over the place too recently, so it's been nice to offload and hear her advice about things. It's taken me over nineteen years, but now I understand what people mean when they say Mum's know best!

My family really do mean the world to me, and it's at times like these that I feel really lucky to have them. One of the things that I've learnt over the past couple of years is to fully appreciate the moment and everyone around you, as you never know when things might change. This Christmas has been one of my favourites, simply because of how relaxed and chilled it's been, and I now feel ready to face everything that I have coming up over the next few weeks.

----------------------

Hey, before you go, are we friends on Bloglovin?

5 comments

  1. My Christmas was very similar. I enjoyed having a more chilled out Christmas this year.

    Terri x
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great Christmas, so glad you had a chill day!!! Have a good new Year lovely!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, you guys look like you had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so lovely aw. Hope you had a fab time x

    possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't beat family time around Christmas. hope you've had a nice chilled one x

    ReplyDelete