Things I've Learnt in 2016

I can't believe it is already the first day of 2017! Time just seems to be flying by, and this past year has certainly been an eventful one. Looking back at what my life was like a year ago, it's quite crazy to see just how different things are simply one year later. A lot changed in 2016, including myself, but I genuinely feel like it was a good year overall. There's been a lot of ups and downs, but I'm thankful for all of the support from my amazing friends and family.

I definitely feel like I learnt a lot of important life lessons last year. From moving out and getting my own flat, to having people walk in and out of my life, to even just starting my second year of university, I've definitely had a lot of growing up to do. However, I feel like everything I've experienced over the last 12 months has made me a much stronger and better person overall, and I can't wait to see what 2017 will have in store for me.


1. Being an adult is extremely confusing and expensive! 
 Now I understand where my parents were coming from when they told me to enjoy my youth and not take things for granted.

2. Not everyone will like you, and that's okay! Know your worth.
No matter what you do, you just can't please some people. There's no point trying to change who you are because, in the long run, it probably won't be worth it.

3. My parents are usually right. 
It might have taken me almost 20 years to realise this, but it's definitely true. I'm not sure how they do it, but they always know the right things to do and say, and I don't know how I'd have coped this year without them.

4. Heartbreak is a real thing. 

5. Self-confidence is important.
Cue the cliché; but one of the most important things I've learnt this year is that in order for other people to believe in you, you must first believe in yourself. This is something that I still struggle with, but I think I'm definitely getting better.

6. Everything happens for a reason.
This one was more of a harsh reality than a lesson to be honest. However, I now truly believe that everything happens the way that it does in order to lead us on to the next stage in our lives.

---------------------

Hey, before you go, are we friends on Bloglovin?

No comments