The Christmas Tag

It's taken a while, but I think I'm finally starting to get into the Christmas spirit! I've put up my Christmas tree, hung up my fairy lights and started wrapping all of my presents. As my exams are almost over, it means I can finally get excited and start celebrating the festive season. I'm really excited to visit the Christmas market this year, and I also can't wait to give everyone the presents that I've bought for them. My friends and family have defintely helped me through a lot this year, so I'm hoping they all love their presents! As my blog is yet to feature any sort of festive post, I thought The Christmas Tag would be the perfect place to start!


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
One of my favourite things to do in December is get all snuggled up on the sofa with plenty of blankets and snacks, and spend the day watching Christmas films. I think my ultimate favourite Christmas film has to be Love Actually. There's just something so charming about following all the different characters and their lives. Hugh Grant as Prime Minister is defintely my favourite storyline, his dance scene never fails to make me laugh. I would say that I watch this film at least four or five times over the Christmas period. Some of my other favourites are The Holiday, Home Alone, and of course, Elf.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
I've always opened my presents on Christmas morning. Opening them on Christmas Eve would just feel weird to me. It's a tradition in my house to open our stocking presents in bed once everyone is awake, and then go downstairs as a family and open all of our presents together.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I don't think I have one specific favourite memory, but I used to love waking up on Christmas morning and rushing into my parent's room ready to open my stocking. I also used to love going downstairs and seeing all the mess that "Santa" had made in the kitchen. My parents would always make it look like Santa had left footprints and crumbs in the kitchen, and I used to get so excited thinking about Santa eating cookies in my kitchen.

4. Favourite festive food?
My favourite festive food, of course, has to be the Christmas dinner. I have so many fond memories of my Grandma's amazing Christmas dinners with copious amounts of trimmings. My Mum now makes an amazing Christmas dinner too. But I couldn't survive the festive period with chocolate. Terry's chocolate orange is definitely one of my favourites, but I also love the golden Lindt reindeers.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I had to think really hard about this one as presents were all so exciting when I was little, no matter how big or small they were. But the present I seem to remember the most was a pink Barbie trampoline. It was quite a small one, (although it seemed huge to me) so I could use it in the living room, but I absolutely loved it. I actually remember running downstairs and getting so excited when I saw the giant box.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Christmas is definitely my favourite time of year when it comes to scents. I love the smell of cinnamon at Christmas time, and another of my favourites is gingerbread. My mum is obsessed with candles, so there's always some sort of festive smell filling our house. But I absolutely love the smell of real Christmas trees. We've had a real Christmas tree for the past few years now. I just love the way that it makes our living room smell so festive.


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
I don't really have any traditions anymore as I usually have to work Christmas Eve. The perks of retail! But my Mum usually buys my little brother and I a new pair of pyjamas each to wear on Christmas eve, and we usually just watch a Christmas film if there's one on TV. I feel like the excitement of Christmas definitely isn't the same now that I'm older, so it's nice that my brother is still young enough to believe in Santa.

8. What tops your tree?
We usually just have a simple glittery star topping our tree. My family Christmas tree is probably the most colourful thing you'll ever see. We've never been one for a themed tree. However, since having my own Christmas tree, I like to give it a colour theme as I think it looks really festive. 

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I'm honestly not sure about this one. My parents always used to try their best to get me what I'd put on my Christmas list, but I don't think I ever asked for anything too extravagant. I used to really want a cat but my mum would never let me have one, so that's probably the only thing.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The best part of Christmas for me is probably the lead up to Christmas. I love Christmas day and spending it with my family, but there's so much build up for it and it's over so quickly. The festive period is defintely my favourite as I love watching Christmas films, decorating the tree, buying presents, baking festive treats and going to Christmas markets. It's just such a happy time of year.

------------------

What are some of your favourite Christmas traditions? I love hearing about the different ways everyone celebrates Christmas!

Hey, before you go, are we friends on Bloglovin?

No comments