When I Went To Paris

A few days ago, I was reading someone's blogpost about their trip to Paris, and it reminded me that I've never actually uploaded any of my photos from when my friend and I went last Summer. I realise that it's now quite a few months later, but I'd like to do this post so that in the future I can look back at it and remember how much I loved it. The whole point of me starting my blog was because I love travelling and I wanted somewhere that I could document all of my past, and hopefully future, trips.



I went to Paris for four days at the end of August 2015. It was supposed to be a really nice trip for my friend and I before we both left for university. We both had a really great time exploring the city and its landmarks. We did a whole lot of sightseeing and tried to see as much of the city as we possibly could.


On our first day there, we headed straight for the Eiffel Tower. I'd always wanted to see it in person, and it was so much more beautiful than I'd imagined it would be. We bought our tickets and headed straight to the summit! The view from the top was amazing. We could literally see for miles all across the city. Once it started to get dark outside, we waited to see what the Tower would look like all lit up, and it certainly didn't disappoint.

Over the next few days, we set out trying to see as much of the city as we could. We started off by heading to Pont des Arts, as we wanted to attach padlocks to the famous bridge. It was crazy to see how many people had been there before us, and it was so lovely to see how many loved up couples had also attached locks to the bridge. I also wanted to try and find Kourtney Kardashian's and Scott Disick's lock, but once I got there, I realised it would've been impossible!



After that, we went to visit the Louvre. Unfortunately it was closed that day so we couldn't go inside, but we still took plenty of pictures. It was such a beautiful structure and I was really gutted that it was closed.



On our third day, we went to visit the Arc de Triomphe. I couldn't believe how huge it actually was! It was really busy around the Arc, and it took us a while to realise that we had to go through an underpass to get to it. We really wanted to walk to the top, but because neither of us were 18 at the time, we unfortunately weren't allowed. Instead, we spent a while walking beneath it and looking at all of the intricacies that had been carved into its sides. The rest of that day was just spent shopping and sightseeing. 

We decided to do a Segway tour of the city that day as well, which was honestly one of the best things I've ever done. It was such a unique way to get around the city, and we were able to see so many sights in such a short space of time. I did end up falling off in the end, but I'm trying to forget about that...


I absolutely loved visiting Paris, and I definitely want to go back in the future. Even though we spent our entire week sightseeing, we still didn't manage everything, so there's still a few sights I need to go back to visit. I really hope you enjoyed reading this post. I know that it's particularly outdated, but I didn't have my blog at the time, and I wanted to write it so that I could look back at it in the future and reminisce about how much fun it was. I absolutely love travelling and I can't wait to do more in the future.

No comments