My M.A.C Lipstick Collection


I remember buying my first MAC lipstick when I was about 13 or 14! I went into Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh, and with my best friend, I chose what I thought was the perfect shade. It was a matte, light pink shade called 'Please Me'. Although it really is a lovely colour, I realise now that it definitely did not suit me. Five years and hundreds of make up tutorials later, my lipstick collection has grown profusely. Amongst them are quite a few MAC lipsticks, so for this post, I thought I would show you what they are.

Nude Shades


(From left to right)

Hug Me, Creme in your Coffee, Spice (lip liner)

'Hug Me' is definitely my favourite lipstick! It's the perfect everyday shade, and I'm even on my second tube of it. Creme in your Coffee is slightly darker, but still easy to wear, and looks really nice with Spice lip liner underneath it. I also used to own Velvet Teddy, but I'm pretty sure I lost that one on a night out. I'm still mourning its loss now as it was such a pretty nude shade.




Pink Shades

Lovelorn, Please Me, Girl About Town, Vegas Volt

As I said before, Please Me (second from left) was my first MAC lipstick. Although it is a really pretty shade, it tends to wash me out. Lovelorn is probably my favourite pink as it's a lustre finish, so it just adds a glossy finish to any look. Vegas Volt and Girl About Town always look really good with a tan.

Red Shades


Russian Red, So Good, RiRi Woo

Russian Red creates the perfect red lip! Whether it's for a night out or just for wandering the shops during the day, I can always rely on it to stay in place and not move around my face. So Good is one of MAC's mineralise rich lipsticks. I bought it in duty free before my holiday last year, and to be honest, I haven't really worn it very often! It's more of a pinky red, and only really works well on me when I have a tan. As for RiRi Woo, I really do not like it. It was definitely an impulse buy.


Purple Shades


Up The Amp, Plumful, Rebel, Hang Up

When I first bought Up The Amp, I didn't realise quite how lilac it was, so I tended not to wear it! But now I love it, especially as a transitional Spring and Summer shade. Plumful and Rebel, however, are perfect for those colder winter months. As for Hang Up, it's a gorgeous deep red/purple shade. But it never stays in place and is really annoying to apply without a lip brush, so I don't wear this one often at all.

No comments